In this one-day workshop, participants will learn how to organize and write a targeted briefing or summary that clearly highlights for decision-makers the main features of a business plan, proposal or report. Straight to the Point can also be a half-day workshop, with completion of Writing that Gets Results as a prerequisite.
Participants Will Learn To:
- Understand the purpose, content and benefit of briefings and summaries
- Look at the summary from a decision-maker's point of view
- Organize and focus information to highlight key points
- Deal with the challenges of focusing and summarizing complex information
- Think critically and write strategically
- Use the workbook as a reference tool to help stay on track after the workshop
- A highly interactive, fast-paced environment
- Group and individual exercises
- Real business examples
- An extensive workbook that aids participants in following each step of the workshop, including summaries of concepts and recommended reference materials for follow-up
In preparation for one exercise, participants think about their current work/project/assignment (or one recently completed) in terms of strategic goals and value.
Participants bring to the workshop a minimum of four pages of their own writing from either current or previous engagements.